What better way to view the world than through the eyes of another. All books have been received free of charge. I do not get paid for my opinion.

Please see my other blog http://tanquella4life.blogspot.com/








The Lord is the rock of my salvation, whom shall I be afraid!



Friday, June 22, 2012

Every Woman's Battle by Shannon Ethridge

Proverbial Woman

If a book does not catch me with the synopsis on the back, it must intrigue me in some way upon reading the first paragraph of the book.  It’s one thing to tell me how to be a woman of God, but to go in dept and give me examples of the things that we do as women that causes us to think if its right or wrong is good.  This book has caused me to look at things I have done in my own marriage, past and present, and see that I was behaving in ways that was not pleasing to God.  I have had so many revelations upon reading this book that I thank God for stumbling upon it.  I think twice when it comes to my reactions towards my husband.  I want to be the woman that God has called me to be.  For a better description I want to be that proverbial woman in the book of Proverbs.

God created marriage as a beautiful thing.  We are to be help meets to one another and love each other unconditionally.  I have seen that I have always been a selfish person through the examples and referenced scriptures in this book.  I believe I am now on my way to being a proverbial woman.  This book has truly blessed my marriage.  The workbook section at the end of the book is an added bonus!!!

This book would be an awesome gift for any woman getting married.  I think that young girls need to be exposed to this book as well as a type of family education program.  We are supposed to train our young people to be men and women of God, why not start early?    The world does not care how old they are nor should we mind this aspect when it comes to teaching spiritual things.  I recommend this book to any woman who wants to draw near to the Lord.  I highly recommend this book for any marriage counseling programs and any woman that is engaged!

Water Brook Multnomah Publishing Group provided this book to me for free in exchange for this honest review as part of their Blogging for Books program.


No comments:

Post a Comment